The key to the BIGtoken experience is transparency and control. Your data is yours after all, and we want to facilitate giving you control. It should be within your power to sell your data and profit from it directly. It’s also important, however, that you always have the control to cut ties if you change your mind. That’s why we’ve made the following settings quick and easy to adjust.
How do I turn off data monetization?
- Select “Manage Account” in your main menu.
- Toggle on or off the “Data Monetization” option. This means that we will no longer sell your data to advertisers for targeted advertising purposes. And you will no longer earn points for the selling of access to your data.
How do I request a copy of my data?
- Go to the top left corner on your BIGtoken app to access the menu;
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Manage account’ option;
- Tap on the ‘Request a copy of all my data’ option;
- Tap on the ‘Send Request’ button.Your information will be prepared and sent to your email address. This process may take up to 30 days.
How do I delete my data?
- Select “Insights” in your main menu. Here you’ll find an index of your data. In both the “My Data” and “Segments” tabs you can choose specific data points or segments, and click the trash can icon to delete them permanently.
- You can also go to “My Profile” and delete your account. Deleting your account will permanently delete all of your data too.
Our aim is to make this process incredibly straightforward. Storing all of your data in one organized central location should be easy, so deleting it should be just as simple. We hope this helps!
Our BIGtoken blog brings you tips on data privacy and how to best manage your data everywhere.